Home The Domaine Philippe Gilbert Since 1768

Since 1768


The estate’s history began in 1768, when François Gilbert abandoned his profession – tavern-keeper – to take over his father-in-law’s vineyards. But it was only at the start of the 20th century that the estate’s current configuration was imagined and built by Philippe Gilbert, the forefather of today’s owner.

The estate

The model chosen was simple and is still relevant: an enormous rectangular courtyard with the family’s house in the back and two long buildings that frame it on either side.On the right, the wine cellars and reception area for the harvest, connected below ground to the vaulted cellars. On the left, the space for preparing the orders, storage and receiving visitors.